Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: Open until filled
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Student Boarding Administrator to join our team. Are you looking to draw upon your experience in youth care and hone your administrative skills? This is an excellent opportunity for those who have experience working with children, hold a solid understanding of child development and wellbeing, and have an administrative background. Energetic and dedicated team members who have a knack for administration are encouraged to apply.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds, including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As the Student Boarding Administrator, you work closely with the Student Boarding team to provide supervision of student boarders, with occasional supervision of non-boarding school students during select activities and events, supporting and enhancing all aspects of student life and programming. In this position, you assist with providing a safe, healthy, and supportive environment for student boarders aged 11-18 during weekdays. Additionally, you provide overall administrative support to Student Boarding while providing excellent customer service for Student Boarding students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide supervision and care to students.
- Act as a role model for students.
- Support meaningful inclusion and active participation of all individuals within the community.
- Conduct individual and group check-ins to ensure optimal safety and well-being of students.
- Assist in aspects of care for students and ensure completion of chores, homework, and other required undertakings.
- Plan and execute activities and events and implement systems and routines for students.
- Drive and walk students to and from academic school, appointments, activities, and events.
- Forward concerns raised by students and their parents/guardians as appropriate.
- Apply appropriate discipline for students in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Respond to crisis situations and assist with crisis response and management as required.
- Provide language support for students for whom English is an additional language.
- Provide administrative support to Student Boarding, including staff scheduling, record keeping, and note taking.
- Provide excellent customer service for Student Boarding students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Manage incoming calls, emails, in-person inquiries, and outgoing communications.
- Provide support in the preparation of grant applications and reports.
- Support the preparation of student handbooks and registration forms.
- Establish positive, professional relationships with all staff.
This position works in a Student Boarding setting, interacting, observing, and supporting students. Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with changing/shifting priorities, and timely decision-making are required. This position utilizes general office equipment and industrial cleaning supplies and requires the ability to lift/move heavy items weighing up to 22 KG (50 lbs), such as furniture or luggage.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary degree/diploma preferred.
- Background in child and youth care, social work, psychology, education/teacher assisting, nursing or a related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with children or young adults.
- Valid class IV driver’s license, or willing and eligible to obtain within three (3) months of employment.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification, or willing to obtain within three (3) months of employment.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office.
- Certification in English as an Additional Language instruction is preferred. The ability to speak and write in other languages is an asset.
- Familiarity with professional dance training is an asset.
- Positive disposition and enthusiasm.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and encourage students and staff.
What In It For You
- Health & Dental benefits are paid for by the RWB.
- Matching RRSP program.
- Subsidized bus pass.
- Free onsite Physiotherapy.
- Complimentary meal when on shift.
- Complimentary tickets to RWB performances.
- Goodlife Fitness Membership discount.
- Employee Assistance Program.
How To Apply
If you would like to join us, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Tell us about yourself! All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume that showcases your personality.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier-free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.