Website Winnipeg Folk Festival
Deadline: February 26, 2024
Term: Permanent position, full-time
With one of North America’s premier outdoor music festivals as its signature event, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is a year-round, not-for-profit arts organization that presents live music and arts events designed to benefit the community.
The Winnipeg Folk Festival is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to lead our Development team.
The Sponsorship & Development Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of fundraising activities for the Winnipeg Folk Festival (WFF), including sponsorships, grants and donations to support the goals and objectives of the Winnipeg Folk Festival’s strategic plan. This person will:
- Lead the development department to ensure that fundraising goals meet the budgetary needs of the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with sponsors, funders, and donors to strengthen and broaden the WFF’s base of support.
- Specifically, manage the sponsorship portfolio to align corporate partners with the Festival’s goals, priorities and values.
- Oversee the Festival’s tavern operations.
- Create and execute short-term and long-term multi-channel development plans and budgets.
- Identify and engage with corporate partners at all levels, from prospecting to cultivation, negotiation, activation, and stewardship.
- Prepare and maintain government and foundation grant applications, maintaining positive relationships with funding agencies and government officials.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive donor relations program.
- Provide direction and oversight for annual stewardship events & fundraisers.
- Coordinate advertising sales for festival media assets.
- Manage planning and operations of festival taverns to maximize revenue.
- Lead and oversee the board’s Development Committee.
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience, including a strong demonstrated track record in securing corporate sponsorships and grants
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas that will inspire sponsors and donors
- Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy
- An energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who thinks strategically and proactively
- A creative leader who can build and implement short and long-term development plans that incorporate multiple fundraising channels
- An engaging and collaborative approach to building relationships with sponsors, donors, volunteers, and community members
- Experience with planned giving
- Familiarity with the WFF and its values
- Familiarity with and positive relationships within the local corporate sponsor and individual philanthropic communities
- Background in sales
- Previous event management experience
- Previous bar management experience
Starting salary range is $65,000-$80,000, commensurate with previous experience. The Festival has an excellent benefits plan and a flexible team environment.
In accordance with its values, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is committed to an inclusive environment for all staff and will work with any candidates who require accommodation during this confidential process.
Please send resume and cover letter with Sponsorship & Development Manager in the subject line by Monday, February 26th to:
Valerie Shantz, Executive Director
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.