Members receive discounts on Creative Manitoba courses, classes and workshops.
Dates: March 12, March 17 and March 24
Time: various sessions available between 9:45 am and 4:30 pm
Price: $30/hour for Creative Manitoba members (video conferencing available)
Creative Manitoba is proud to offer our members and 245 McDermot tenants the chance to participate in our Expert Advice for Indie Artists Program, which provides access to personalized one-on-one coaching with arts professionals.
Areas of expertise:
- Grant writing
- Funding agencies (WAC, MAC, CCA, etc.)
- Artists statements, Bios, CVs
Coach: Bev Pike has raised millions of dollars in art funding as a grant writer for artists and organizations since 1984. As an artist, she has received senior arts grants from the Winnipeg Arts Council, Manitoba Arts Council and Canada Council. Pike is known for her large-scale land-form paintings, her videos and her artist-books that have been shown across Canada in solo and group exhibitions. Her works are held in the Tate Modern and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, England as well as in public and private collections across North America. Pike’s current artistic research includes performative landscape, underground shell grottoes and other Baroque spectacles.
Cancellation, rescheduling and substitutions policy for coaching sessions
- A minimum of 3 days’ advance notice is required to cancel a coaching session without penalty.
- When notice has been received to cancel a coaching session at least 3 days in advance, the session will be rescheduled or refunded. Rescheduling is subject to coach availability and is at the discretion of the coach.
- Exceptional circumstances such as sudden illness or family emergencies may be considered for cancellations. Proof may be required.
- Substitutions may be allowed for regularly scheduled coaching sessions. Please check with the coach first. Some exceptions may apply for funded program participants.
- Creative Manitoba reserves the right to make final decisions regarding cancellations, rescheduling and substitutions.
March 17, 2018
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
March 24, 2018
9:45 am - 4:30 pm
March 12, 2018
9:45 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Boardroom, 3rd floor, Creative Manitoba
Creative Manitoba reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for an event that is cancelled by Creative Manitoba will receive a full refund.
Registrants may cancel up to one week before the event to receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel within one week of the event start date. No refunds will be issued for registrants who do not attend.
Substitute participants are allowed in most cases, but not all. Please check with us ahead of time if you wish to send a substitute participant by calling 204-927-2787.
It is our intent that Creative Manitoba programs and events foster a supportive, nonthreatening environment for everyone to participate and share in - regardless of gender, ability, ethnicity or cultural differences. We ask that you please be welcoming and respectful of world views that differ from your own.