Members receive discounts on Creative Manitoba courses, classes and workshops.
Part of First Fridays in the Exchange. This event is FREE and open to the public.
Join us for a night of films celebrating local Indigenous filmmakers. The screenings will be followed by a Panel discussion and Q & A with the Directors. Organized by the Indigenous Filmmakers Association and Creative Manitoba Indigenous Programs.
8-9pm: Director Panel/Discussion
- “No, I Don’t Have A Title, Stop Asking & Leave Me Alone” – Justina Neepin
- “Skinny Kookoo: News from The Bay” – Joyce Delaronde
- “No Luck Required” – Amanda Kindzierski
- “Missing You” – Sarah Simpson-Yellowquill
- “Caveat Emptor” – Olly King
- “Becoming” – Charlene Moore
- “Never Trust A Stiff” – Roger Boyer
- “Hunger” – Rachel Beaulieu
- “Aadizookaan” – Kale Swampy
- “Tonight We Get Even” – Cody Blacksmith
The Indigenous Filmmaker’s Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the inclusion of the Indigenous experience in film, promoting societal dialogue, the empowerment of Indigenous filmmakers and public accessibility to our stories.
- November 1, 2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Creative Manitoba reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for an event that is cancelled by Creative Manitoba will receive a full refund.
Registrants may cancel up to one week before the event to receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel within one week of the event start date. No refunds will be issued for registrants who do not attend.
Substitute participants are allowed in most cases, but not all. Please check with us ahead of time if you wish to send a substitute participant by calling 204-927-2787.