Website Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art
Deadline: July 19, 2022
Plug In ICA is seeking applicants to join the Board of Directors!
Since 1972, Plug In ICA has existed as a platform for the creation and dissemination of art in both local and international arts communities. We are pleased to operate as a not-for-profit exhibition space in Treaty 1 offering free programming + tools such as Interpreting [Interrupting] Youth, Summer Institute, artist talks, curriculum guides, and the Art Research Centre.
Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting for a term of three years and may be re-elected up to four times, for a total of twelve years.
The Board of Directors is collectively accountable to clients and their families, the community, funders
and other stakeholders. They are accountable for the Organization’s performance in realizing its mission and achieving its goals, for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources and for the overall quality of support to stakeholders.
- 5-10 hours of involvement per month
- Prepare for and participate in board meetings
- Keep up to date with issues that affect the Organization
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan to help guide future decisions
- Participate in the approval of the annual budget and monitor the financial performance of the Organization in relation to it
- Be an ambassador for Plug In ICA in the wider community
- Help establish, review, and monitor operational policies including ones related to the quality of care and human resources
- Contribute to the work of the board as a member of a board committee
Applicants should have knowledge of the community and the field in which Plug In ICA operates as well as an openness to learn.
If you are interested in joining the Plug In ICA Board, please email a letter of intent and a bio to email@example.com
A full outline of the position can be found here!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.