Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Deadline: Open until filled
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Box Office and Customer Service Manager for a term position to join our team. This position is ideal for those who thrive in customer service, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for the arts. Candidates have a background in business along with a keen understanding of sales and marketing. With your positive attitude, effective communication, and timely decision making you will thrive in this role.
This is a 6-month term position approximately from July 2022 to January 2023.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity-based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As the Box Office and Customer Service Manager, you are responsible for the effective management and operation of the RWB Box Office and Front Desk. In this role, you manage promotional plans, ticket sales, merchandise, and customer service at the RWB and performance venues.
Highlighted Duties Of The Role
- Oversee Box Office operations including subscriptions, single ticket sales, and merchandise, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and service standards that enhance the customer experience.
- Manage the Box Office and Front Desk team, including coaching, scheduling, and performance management.
- Manage the operations of the Box Office database system, including performance builds, promotional codes, discounts, and merchandise.
- Manage customer database of individual accounts, update information, and pull reports for Company and School performance marketing.
- Serve as the RWB liaison with performance venues.
- Oversee all aspects of the Box Office, customer service and patron experience at the RWB, and School and Company performances including technology such as ticket scanners, website information, and receipts.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop sales and promotional strategies for subscription and single ticket sales.
- Explore and deliver sales, revenue reports, and analytics that contribute to marketing and promotional strategies.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to build and implement group sales strategies for digital and in-person performances.
- Manage in-person and online merchandise sales process and prepare inventory reports.
The Box Office is a fast-paced environment utilizing standard office equipment. This position is responsible to meet with internal and external stakeholders and clients, requiring constant and on-going communication by phone, email, and in-person interaction. Physical requirements include sitting and standing for periods of time at events and shows, lifting, moving and/or carrying posters, boxes and collateral weighing up to 25lbs. Work outside of regular office hours is required, including evenings and weekends.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience working in a Customer Service environment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of Sales and Marketing.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills to work with various stakeholders and a diverse public.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to devise and implement sales and promotional strategies.
- Highly organized to prioritize work and scheduled activities.
- Thrives and remains calm in fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines while maintaining high standards of quality.
If you are qualified for this position, apply to Meghan Thiessen at firstname.lastname@example.org.Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.