Professional Mentorship Program
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023/24 PROGRAM NOW CLOSED
Check back June 2024 to apply next year!
The Professional Mentorship Program is a 7-month program (October 5th – April 25th for the 2023/24 program year) open to mentees age 19-29 who are residents of Winnipeg. Mentees choose a professional mentor to pair with for the program and apply on behalf of their pair.
This unique mentorship program builds a relationship between mentee and their chosen mentor, in a mentee centred, flexible program designed by mentee and mentor together in any artistic discipline (can be creative, administrative or technical). The program offers a combination of structured and unstructured one-on-one tutelage, mentor assistance and guidance for independent projects/work, connecting opportunities and opportunities for professional development. Mentees and mentors also benefit from the rare opportunity to connect across disciplines to other program mentorship pairs and attend monthly Mentee Share Nights, and the orientation and celebration dinners.
Mentee and mentor team create a custom designed program plan that can include: work on specific projects, help/guidance in areas of struggle, working towards specific career goals, gaining specific skills, important conversations and support in career decisions, shadowing work they are interested in, providing opportunities to connect with others in the industry and much more!
- MENTOR & MENTEE:
- Min 35 hours one on one Mentorship time over the period of 7 months (approx 5 hours/month)
- Attending welcome orientation with all participants Thursday, October 5th, 2023
- Working together to develop a “custom learning plan” in the first month, template provided
- Reporting monthly progress via survey monkey when requested, in a timely manner
- Attending & sharing 5 min piece together at the final celebration dinner Thursday, April 25th, 2024
- Provide feedback on final program evaluation in a timely manner
- MENTEE ONLY:
- Min 35 hours independent work related to their program
- Min 5 hours of connecting/networking time
- Min 15 hours professional development time (workshops, courses, CE Day)
- Attend 2 Mentee Share Nights *see program dates & commitments for dates
- Attend Creative Manitoba’s Creative Entrepreneurship event March 9th
- MENTOR ONLY:
- Available to assist in guidance for mentee’s independent work
- Available to present connecting/networking and PD opportunities for their mentee
- Become a Creative Manitoba membership at no cost
- Receives an honorarium of $2,000
Creative Manitoba pledges to make its best efforts to prioritize opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds or from equity-seeking individuals and communities, with the goal of 50% of programs holding space for participants who identify as BIPOC or from equity-seeking groups.
If you are a mentor without a specific mentee and would like to be considered for a match, please email the program director at email@example.com with a CV/resume to expression interest.
If you have any questions along the way do not hesitate to contact Dora Carroll, Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org