APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING AUGUST 2021, UNTIL FULL
Check out the 2020/21 Participants
Individuals or a small group of mentees age 16-29 living in Manitoba outside Winnipeg choose a mentor who is a professional in an arts career to work together for this 5 month program, in any chosen artistic discipline. It is customized to the individuals taking part, and can begin any time between September – January. It aims to expose an individual or group of individuals living outside of Winnipeg to artists in their communities, and connect them to artistic work in their discipline.
Mentors, Mentees as individuals, or Organizations working in Rural Manitoba may reach out to the program manager at any time to be considered for this program, and for assistance in putting together a proposal for the application. The mentee must reside in rural Manitoba and priority will be given to mentors who reside in a rural community. If you have questions or need assistance finding a mentorship pairing reach out to the program director email@example.com.
- Applications for this program are accepted between August and December each year, until the program is full
- Mentorships take place over any period of 5 months, completed by June at the latest
- A mentor may work with 1 to 5 mentees (simultaneously)
- Mentors and mentees commit to a minimum of 5 1:1 direct hours per month for a total of five months (25 hours total) *exceptions to this specific time-frame can be considered, reach out to program director
- The mentee(s), under their mentor’s direction, commit an additional 5 hours per month fulfilling individual work, volunteering, or connecting opportunities. (25 hours total)
- Programs are custom designed to each mentor/mentee group
Mentors will receive an honorarium of $1,500. Mentors selected to participate will be required to become a member of Creative Manitoba (annual fee $15-$20).
- You will submit an application on behalf of your proposed mentor/mentee(s) team for the program
- If you are a mentee that needs assistance finding a mentor in your community/artistic discipline reach out to the program director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are a rural residing mentor interested in being considered for a pairing, email program director expressing specific interest with an attached resume/CV (email@example.com)
- Read the mentor guidelines
- Read the mentee guidelines
- Click APPLY NOW below (available August 2021)