APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING AUGUST 16 2021, UNTIL FULL
Check out the 2020/21 Participants
Individuals or a small group of mentees age 16-29 living in Manitoba outside of Winnipeg choose a mentor who is a professional in an arts career to work together for this 5 month program, in any chosen artistic discipline. It is customized to the individuals taking part, and can begin any time between September – January. It aims to expose an individual or group of individuals living outside of Winnipeg to artists in their communities, and connect them to artistic work in their chosen discipline.
The mentee(s) must reside in rural Manitoba and priority will be given to mentors who reside in a rural community.
Mentors, mentees as individuals, or organizations working in Rural Manitoba may reach out to Dora Carroll, program manager, at any time for assistance in putting together an application email@example.com.
- A mentor may work with 1 to 5 mentees (simultaneously)
- Minimum of 5 hours/month direct 1:1 contact with mentee(s) & mentor (25 hours total, minimum) *exceptions to this specific time-frame can be considered, reach out to program director
- The mentee(s), under their mentor’s facilitation, commit an additional 5 hours per month individual, volunteering, or connecting opportunities (25 hours total, minimum)
- Respond promptly to google form progress reports (3 per program plus evaluation upon completion – mentor & mentee respond individually)
- Programs are custom designed to each mentor/mentee group, custom mentorship plan to be filled out by mentor and mentee(s) in the first month of the program
- Mentors will receive an honorarium of $1,500 (paid in 3 installments)
- Mentors selected to participate will be required to become members of Creative Manitoba (annual $15)
- If an organization assists in setting up / application process or acting as liason to find mentor/mentee pairings in their community for the program, they will receive a $200 fee
You will submit one application on behalf of your proposed mentor/mentee(s) team. Application can be submitted by the mentor, mentee or Arts Organization on their behalf.
**Please note you will need completed PDF forms from mentor and mentee(s) to attach to the application in order to submit.
- Read the full Program Commitments document
- Have Mentor & Mentee(s) fill in application form, saved and sent back to person applying (PDF only)
- Click APPLY NOW below (available after August 16, 2021, until program is full for the year)
*If you are a rural residing mentee that needs assistance finding a mentor in your community/artistic discipline reach out to the program manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
**If you are a rural residing mentor interested in being considered for a pairing, email program manager expressing specific interest with an attached resume/CV – email@example.com
The applicant submitting the application on behalf of the team will need to acquire completed application forms from the mentor and all mentees to attach (PDF only) to the application.
Creative Manitoba pledges to prioritize opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and from equity-seeking communities, making best efforts to hold 50% of program space for participants identifying as IBPoC or from equity-seeking groups.